A plan was hatched between dear old friends whose circumstances has placed them on opposite sides of the country. The plan was to reunite them for a fun weekend in great city. New Orleans.
- We stayed in Marigny
- We walked around the French Quarter and Jackson Square
- We had biegnets and cafe au lait at Cafe Du Monde
- We visited the St. Louis Cathedral where Melissa’s grandparents got married (and its second claim to fame: oldest continuously operating cathedral in the US)
- We had the original Hurricanes at Pat O’Briens
- It didn’t take very long to enjoy the perks of New Orleans “to go” cups for adult beverages
- Josh had an alligator burger
- We walked along the Mississippi and watched the hipsters and the ships
- We saw Kermit Ruffins and the Barbeque Swingers play at Vaughan’s
- We ate sandwiches on the street there
- We went to bars on Frenchmen Street
- Josh outwitted a street scammer and impressed a doorman, which reduced our cover charge
- We had a nice brunch at a local diner with yummy homemade pies
- We patronized a fun New Orleans hat shop, Meyer the Hatter
- We took the trolley out to the Garden District and walked around to see pretty mansions
- We ate dinner on the outdoor patio of a tavern, Bulldog
- We cabbed it back to the Hornets game
- We watched the Grizzlies beat the Hornets on a Noche Latina
- We had drinks at a bar that let us have pizza delivered from the shop next door
- We had breakfast at Cafe Amelie which was super pretty
- We made a second trolley visit to the Garden District to check out the cemetery and then rode the trolley back
- Josh was able to put a name to the music he loves, Zydeco (Don’t mess with my Toot Toot!)
- We went to an oyster bar
- We had dinner at Brennan’s where Bananas Foster was invented (and had Bananas Foster made tableside)
- We did a lot of hanging out and talking and catching up and had a super great time!
- Melissa was a champion for carrying a baby everywhere we went, putting up with all of her friends while not being able to enjoy the adult beverages, and for maintaining all of her usual charm, grace and hilarious wit to boot!
We went to San Francisco to celebrate the marriage of our great friends Philip and Alisa! We had an amazing weekend, saw good friends, did a super fun Anchor Steam brewery tour, and got to spend our last day with Shannu and John! And the wedding itself was gorgeous with a party that was an absolute blast afterward!
This fall (winter?) we had our dear friends, jOnny and Mel, visit. We didn’t get many pictures, and no great ones. We had so much fun going to Mike’s Diner, hanging out with Gary and Daniel at the Grand Dorchester House playing frogger and having Karaoke battles, and watching the showdown of the Colts and Pats (poor Pats, but Yay Gary). We had a great time and miss our friends greatly!