We tried out Boston’s First Night activities for Violette’s first New Year’s Eve. We went to the Mary Baker Eddy Library where we saw the Mapparium and a traditional Japanese drum show, Odaiko. The first drum beat, Violette jumped out of her skin, but she loved the rest of the show. From there we headed to the Mother Church for a tour. We saw some of the ice sculptures then had lunch at Whiskey’s before heading to the Family Festival and checking out all the fun there. Finally, we walked down the parade route and checked out more ice sculptures before heading home to play board games and break our New Year’s Eve Peppermint Pig. Daddy got V out of bed to make sure she didn’t miss the start of 2013. She was not very impressed and barely woke up. :)
- Violette spent more cuddle time with Miss Lis and Mr. Philip
- We went to the Celtics-Spurs game, with a BeerWorks post game
- Had a great Thanksgiving dinner at Pastor John’s house, with only one wardrobe change required
- Took V on her first commuter rail ride up to Manchester-by-the-Sea for a visit with Gary and Daniel
- Headed back to BeerWorks to watch another Celtics game and hang out with the Sheehy crew (setting V’s current record of 3 trips to BeerWorks in 1 week).
- V had her first bath and loved kicking in the water!
- Bed Head!
- Headed to Pastor John's House
- 1st bath!
- 1st microscope!
- Pre-gaming at daycare!
- First regular season C's game!
- Philip and Lis visit!
- Gorgeous blanket from Miss Lis!
- V learns to play Ms. Pac-Man from the king!
- Holding the rattle!
(6 weeks old)
Violette went to her first Celtic’s game – it was a preseason game versus the 76ers. We practiced wearing the headphones while watching Sunday football in the afternoon. At the Garden, she slept through the first two quarters and we decided to take her out of the baby carrier before we left (we wanted to leave while it was still fun and not wait for a meltdown) – turns out, V LOVES watching the Jumbotron lights and trying to track the players as they run up and down the floor. VAF Game 1 was a success (it also turns out that we now count Celtics game successes if we can enjoy attending the game which is more dependent on V than on a W or a L).
- Practicing for tonight's Celtics game
- V loves the Jumbotron!